With the opening of the tennis facility during the COVID-19 crisis, new protocols are being implemented, and we are asking all members to maintain strict adherence to the guidelines. Not only is this critical for the safety and health of all members and staff, but will also make sure that we are in compliance with CDC guidelines.
Please review the guidelines below to determine whether you should come to the club:
Members need to assess their personal situation before entering the club property. If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, please do not come to the club for at least 14 days if there has not been any additional exposure.
1. In the past 14 days, has any member of your household traveled to or through another country or been in contact with a person who has traveled to another country?
2. In the past 14 days, has any member of your household knowingly been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or is suspected of having COVID-19?
3. Does any member of your household have symptoms such as a fever, cough or shortness of breath?
4. In the past 30 days, has any member of your household been on a cruise or come into contact with someone who has been on a cruise?
If any of the above questions are “yes”, please do not come to the club until 14 days have passed since the contact has occurred.
ALLOWED TENNIS PLAY
- Singles play – players from different households are allowed, but must use different balls when serving.
- Doubles play – same household or same household as partners against another family.
- Lessons – Privates & Semi-privates – starting Monday, May 4th.
- Families can only make one reservation per day to insure access for all members.
For a complete list of playing protocols, please click here
ADDITIONAL CLUB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Members need to call the tennis pro shop (203-966-6879 ext. 7) to reserve courts. Reservations can be made starting today, Friday, May 1st, from 12:00-6:00pm. Courts can be reserved for 1 ½ hours.
- Courts will be available from 8:00am-7:00pm for reservations.
- Lessons will be available starting Monday, May 4th and can be booked starting Friday, May 2nd with Tim, Luis, or Jamie. Additional professionals will be available within the next week or so.
- The tennis building will be closed and not open for members per the guidelines that we have received from government officials. NO BATHROOMS will be open.
- PLEASE bring your own water, towels, and hand sanitizers. BALLS will be available to be purchased for adult and junior play. No demos will be available for use at this time.
- Juniors 14 & under must have parental supervision while on club property.
- PLEASE check in at the desk which will be at the front of the tennis building.
- PLEASE reference the USTA guidelines on the link above for game specific guidelines as to how to play safely.
- PLEASE practice social distancing at all times and when your court reservation has concluded, we are asking that you leave the tennis area.
THANK YOU TO ALL THE MEMBERS DURING THIS TIME!
WE ARE EXCITED TO BE ABLE TO GET THE TENNIS FACILITY OPEN!
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL THE PRO SHOP IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS.