Dear Summer Members,
As announced last week (click here), our Board has had to make difficult decisions in light of the pandemic. The decision to POSTPONE our 2020 Summer Membership Program did not come easily, but was necessary to assure the safety of our community. Similarly, the decision was made to enforce a “No Guest” policy at this time.
In my Summer Member Update email (sent on 4/29), three options were provided to admitted summer members. If you have not yet elected to postpone your membership to 2021 (Option B), your other options are: request a refund (Option A), or apply for immediate conversion to full membership (Option C). Recognizing that some members may decide they want access to the Club this summer even under the unique circumstances, the Board decided to make an exception to normal protocol and offer Option C to this group. If you opt to apply for immediate conversion, please review my email from last week for payment details.
During the weekend, I shared with you the email from our Director of Tennis announcing the opening of our tennis courts and the restrictions that members are required to follow. Today, I am sharing with you an email from our Camp Chairs requesting signups and providing key dates (see below). The Club is trying to balance giving our members the ”NCFC experience” while still responsibly following social distancing requirements. Hopefully, these emails help give you a better picture of what to expect for this summer should you decide to apply to convert to full membership.
While you are assessing the best choice for your family, I will continue to forward any information that becomes available from the Club until May 22nd to keep you in the loop. We recognize this is a hard decision to make and are hopeful that you will remain interested in our Club.
Other Club services will become available subject to the directives and orders of the club associations, the town and the state.
Please reach out to me with any questions. Stay well and be safe.
Dear NCFC Parents,
We hope this email finds you and your loved ones safe and healthy.
As our president mentioned in his last email, the club is moving towards a carefully controlled opening. The tennis courts have been spruced up and are now OPEN and we are hopeful that the cover will come off the pool before Memorial Day weekend. This is a positive step towards preparing the Club for our summer camp program and we invite you to sign up now for the weeks you are interested in having your children attend. As you know, we are not having any summer members this year.
We, like all of you, are monitoring the COVID situation closely.
We are working with the camp directors on various scenarios, including opening later than planned, opening with fewer campers, or modifying our schedule and activities. None of this is easy because we don’t have any sense of the exact timing on when social distancing restrictions will change and how they will change.
We need your help for us to define optimal camp options that can be provided to the maximum number of interested families. Therefore, please sign up asap (but no later than June 1st) for your preferred camp dates*. You will NOT BE CHARGED for camp until we can communicate to you when it will begin and what it will look like. Once we can communicate the camp details, we will also let you know the date that we will charge your credit card.
Please know that we are trying our best to be as flexible as possible this summer and hope to give all of your children the fun camp experience they deserve!
If you have any specific questions, please let us know and we will do our best to answer them.
You’re receiving this because you are a potential NCFC member
New Canaan Field Club, Box 357, 164 Smith Ridge Road, New Canaan, CT 06840